No Easter Bunny syndrome in France, our church bells bring eggs to our kids on their way back from Rome.
So on Easter monday, no problem to cook rabbit 😉
A quick and easy recipe indeed with healthy lean meat.
Ingredients for 4 people:
– 4 rabbit legs.
– 12,5 cl ( a small glass)l of dry white wine + a small glass of water
– 4 knobs of butter ( I used semi- salted butter)
– 2 spoonful of oil ( I use peanut oil)
– Salt and pepper
– In a casserole, over the gas fire, fry the meat in the oil until well browned.
– When the legs are well browned, get them out of the pot and cover them with mustard
– Put them back in the pot and reduce the heat for a while so they can simmer without burning for 15 minutes.
– Add the white wine. Wait until it simmers ( I like the word” shivers” better ) then add the water, salt and pepper.
– 30 minutes later the rabbit is ready!
That’s all there is to it !! A straight forward recipe for everybody, kids and grown-ups alike. You can add some thyme for more flavor.
Serve with boiled potatoes or pasta. This time, I chose ” Farfalles”, the butterfly-shaped pasta.